Friday, July 30, 2010

News

I follow several news sources online and receive a variety of Google alerts. When I combine that with information I've received from soldiers over the years I get a clearer understanding of TB's situation. At times I wonder if it's good to be this aware of things. Maybe there's something to the saying, "Ignorance is bliss." I know myself though, and the better informed I am, the better prepared I am. And so this week, after several days of silence, I wasn't blindsided when TB sent an email saying he'd taken a fall while out on a mission. He spent the last few days in bed on pain meds and still isn't at 100%. Today he was waiting to hear if he would be released to go out on the next mission. I know him; he’s tough and determined, so I hope he doesn’t rush it.

No comments:

Post a Comment