Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Packages

As soon as I received an address I had three boxes ready to go. TB requested laundry detergent ASAP. He asked for a few other items when we had our long chat several weeks ago. During that chat he mentioned that he was looking for a place for his guys to do laundry. That was while they were still at a larger base. I don't know if he found one. If not, it's been weeks since they've been able to wash their clothes. I included a variety of foot products in one box. I’m sure he’s walking quite a bit. Another box was filled with his favorite snacks and drink mix with electrolytes. I did make a quick run to the store for some exercise items, just a jump rope and an exercise band. I figure until they get some sort of gym up and running maybe those things will help him workout.

I was so proud of myself for having things ready to mail the day after I received the address! Wouldn’t you know, yesterday I was out shopping and my phone alert went off indicating an email from TB. His address changed! Aaaargh! I sure hope those boxes are forwarded to him! Since I was shopping anyway, I picked up a few replacements for the items I knew he needed. I’ll mail that box tomorrow. I ordered some great laundry detergent online from Country Save. I couldn’t believe how quickly they filled the order! It was on the way to TB the same day!

None of this would concern me too much except that he said mail is airlifted in about once a month. I realize that also means they can only drop as much as the helicopter or plane can hold. Of course ammo, food, and other necessary military items will have first priority. All I can do is wait and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment