Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Care Packages

It's been a while since I posted. Life has been a little crazy, but I have been able to take care of TB's requests for specific items and keep up with my Soldiers' Angels activities. For the most part TB has been able to communicate fairly frequently through email. As I mentioned in my last post, he called ten days ago but when I answered the call was dropped. I thought he might call back, but that didn't happen. He was finally able to call again on Saturday and we talked for about 40 minutes. He tells me what he can, which is very little. I was happy to hear that he is now able to workout in the gym. That's a huge stress reliever for him and a way to keep him focused. He complained about not having enough to occupy his mind.

No mail has been delivered since TB received the first three boxes I sent. I've mailed 6 boxes since then and as many letters. I know he would really like to have some of the items, like the small electric fan, anti-bacterial spray, toothpaste, baby wipes and DVDs. I sent all the Pashto language materials he mailed to me before leaving, too. He made multiple copies of many of the pages for his soldiers. All the papers were in a manila folder. I decided to punch holes in the pages and put them in individual 3-prong folders for each soldier. I'm sure that will be more convenient for everyone. All the other papers filled a regular 3 ring binder, so TB has a language notebook now, or he will once the mail is delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment