Monday, August 2, 2010

Email vs Snail Mail

We've passed the Boots on the Ground one month mark. In that time TB has received the first three packages I mailed and one letter. Somewhere out there are six more letters and seven packages! Thank goodness Command lets the guys get on the computer every day! I have no doubt that it’s good for morale. I was prepared in the beginning not to hear from him for weeks at a time. I'm probably a little spoiled now as he sends an email nearly every day. Some of them are just a few words; "not much time...miss talkin to u...love you"

In last night's email I told TB that it's a dilemma because I have a lot I want to tell him and letters take so long. Plus, he often asks how I'm doing or what's new. I never know quite how much to put in an email. He only has a certain amount of time on the computer and of course, he has messages other than my own to read and respond to. He said he's glad we can get quick messages to each other, but it's cool to get letters. I know that's true and would not stop sending snail mail. It's important to have a letter that you can take back to your room and take your time to read whenever you want. I always send a handmade card with a joke and photos along with every letter.

The FOB that TB's mail goes through finally received their mail today. Maybe his base will get theirs soon. I can't help but wonder if all of it will get through at once. Even if each guy only had one box that would be a lot of boxes! I love thinking about all those soldiers finally receiving mail! Wouldn't that be fun to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment