Saturday, July 17, 2010

Phone Calls

One thing I learned when TB was in Iraq was the importance of keeping my cell phone with me at all times. That became apparent last Sunday when I was in NYC. I got up at 3 AM to go to the bathroom, something I don't generally do. Wouldn't you know, the cell rang! A number I didn't recognize. My mother's instinct told me who it was, though, and sure enough, as soon as I said hello I heard that unmistakable mellow voice! I could hardly believe it! We talked for just over 30 minutes. Lots of laughter on both ends during the conversation. TB filled me in on a few things about the conditions of the FOB and some items he could use. No shaving cream or razors, though, he said, as he is growing a beard. I would love to see that.

Later that evening I was dismayed to see that he called again while we were out. I found that very surprising. I knew TB would know I was busy sightseeing and not be upset that I didn't answer. At 5 AM Monday morning he called again. During his first call he asked me to post his address on his Facebook page. I was planning to do that when I got home. TB asked me to change it a little, for OPSEC, and just tell people to contact me for the address. It was a nice 12 minute call and then he had to go.

Again this morning at 3 AM the phone rang. Unfortunately, this time when I answered, there was no voice on the other end. I guess the call was dropped. I waited for a while, hoping he would call back, but no such luck. I know he will, though, when he gets a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment