Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Once again I'm confronted with the interesting way life works. Two wonderful soldiers who call me Mom were in the same place a few days ago. They tried to locate each other but never were able to connect. They have never met, only heard about each other through me. TB's brigade is replacing EM's and so, each was experienceing a major transition in his life. While TB was headed for Afghanistan, EM was redeploying. And there I was, caught in the middle; thrilled for EM and his family, anxious for TB and what lies ahead. When EM reached the airport in Maryland he called to let me know his feet were on American soil. A few more hours and one more flight and he would be home. Meanwhile, TB was leaving his transition area, moving into Afghanistan. Nervous and excited, sad and happy, relieved and anxious....one home safe, one headed for danger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment