Sunday, October 24, 2010

Communication

The past week was a good one for communication. TB had to go to a larger base for a class. He completed that and as often happens where he is, travel plans are iffy and determined on a day-to-day, even hour-to-hour, basis. He doesn't seem to be frustrated, though. I know he is enjoying the larger gym and better facilities.


We have been able to communicate online quite a bit. It's been very similar to when he was at his home base, before deployment. It's funny that it's my schedule that interferes with our communication more than anything else right now. The best time for him to be online is usually when I'm asleep or working. I guess he got fed up with that because one evening he appeared online around 2 am his time. The next thing I knew my computer was ringing like a telephone. It startled me at first and then I saw his YM message "ring ring" and realized he was making a video call. We talked for over 2 hours. It was so much fun! In retrospect I have to laugh at the way we jump from one topic to another...some serious, some funny, and some just plain nonsense that only the two of us would understand.

This weekend we weren't able to chat much at all. TB came online early this evening and I was certain we would have a nice long chat. Within 20 minutes, though, he said he had to get off, but hoped he would be on tomorrow so we could talk. One thing about TB, he always signs off with "love you" no matter how hurried he is. If he has a few extra minutes and we continue to exchange a few words, each of his comments ends with "love you" as if he wants to make sure that's the last thought he leaves with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment