Thursday, October 7, 2010

Birthday Boy

The big 3-0 finally arrived for TB. I was nervous about the kind of day it would be. I knew he had a mission early in the day. He said he would open his gifts when he returned. I tried really hard to make it a good day for him, but I had plenty of help. Thanks to many wonderful friends, Soldiers’ Angels, and my class, I collected 64 birthday cards for him. I sent one of his buddies a box with a silly party hat and 24 party bags to share with the two squads. He kept the box hidden until TB's birthday. There were 30 gifts for him to open. The idea was to open them in order from 1 to 30, with the best gift being #30. When I looked at the photos he sent I could tell he did it just the opposite. Obviously he figured out what I’d done. Kind of funny that after waiting nearly two weeks to open the gifts, he couldn’t wait to open the best ones first. His big gift was a set of wireless headphones so he can listen to music while he works out. I was stumped about what to send, but I asked one of his buddies and that was his suggestion. Care packages will be on the way soon to the two guys who helped me make this a good birthday for TB.

No comments:

Post a Comment