Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Soldier’s Heartache

I’ve mentioned before the difficulties at home that our Troops have to deal with when they are deployed. When I wrote that piece I never imagined that my own TB would face tragedy at home. Today he received a message that one of his brothers died. Complete details are not available, but that isn’t important here. The lack of details does make it that much harder for TB, though. He’s hurting so much, feels isolated, and helpless. My heart hurts for him. I’ve made several phone calls for him and we are trying to get the necessary information so that a Red Cross emergency message can be sent to his Command.
Of all the sons his mother thought she would bury, I expect TB was the one. He is in constant danger and has had a few close calls. My heart goes out to her. There is no greater tragedy than the loss of a child, no matter the circumstances.

What will TB do tomorrow? He will get up and do his job; go on a mission, keep his soldiers safe, and carry on. His heart will be heavy, but he will focus. His men know they can depend on him to lead the way. I've learned that pain, emotional and mental, does not interfere with TB's role as a leader or his mission to bring all of his men safely home to their famillies.

2 comments:

  1. Such sad news, Keeping him, and his family , in my prayers..my sympathies to all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kathi. I've been passing on condolences and they mean a great deal to TB.

    ReplyDelete