Saturday, November 27, 2010

Here We Go Again

Why is it whenever I think I’m ready for something, I discover I’m not quite as prepared as I thought? I didn’t hear from TB a lot when he was home, but I knew pretty much where he was and what he was doing. As he has made his way back to his squad, he’s contacted me every day to let me know his whereabouts. His last words to me on chat were, “gotta go … I’ll update u …. love you ttyl”

waiting….waiting…..waiting…..

I know where he was supposed to go next. I mentally calculate the time it takes to get from one destination to the next. It has been too long since he was online, at least in my mind. He is not one to pass up an opportunity to be online if it presents itself. And yes, I know all the scenarios that will explain his absence. My greatest hope is that he reached one destination and was immediately able to proceed. He’s anxious to get back. His guys want him back. “We need him here,” a few have told me.

And so I wait….feeling anxious…the feeling I wasn’t prepared for. I’m an old hand at this, after all. Time to put my game face on and get into my battle rhythm. Here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment