Tuesday, November 23, 2010

End of R&R

I’ve spent the last week or so quietly sitting on the sidelines observing TB as he enjoyed his leave. It’s been a wonderful time for him and his children. It amazes me that a man who has been in a remote area of a foreign country for months, who has not seen his children for two years, can take on the task of single-handedly caring for two young children for nearly two weeks. TB called a few nights ago and told me that many mornings he woke up stretched out across the bed, fully clothed, shoes still on, where he had passed out from exhaustion. It made me laugh to think of this big, physically fit soldier who easily climbs mountains with 80+ pounds of gear knocked out by caring for two young children.

1 comment:

  1. So true! I laugh about this every time I think about it. It was one of the more humorous parts of our conversation.

    ReplyDelete